After-Hours Maintenance: 972-347-0977
- Water: Don't worry - we set that up for you!
- Electric: Our preferred electricity provider is Reliant Energy - 1-855-353-7736. Mention promo code: MF2791 to receive our resident special.www.reliant.com/myhome
- Cable, Phone & Internet: AT&T provides phone, internet & cable to The Boat House. Call 877-910-0501 or visitwww.att.com/uverseconnect to get service.
The Boat House is proud to be The Colony’s first non-smoking apartment community. This means that all of our common areas – indoors and outdoors – as well as ALL apartment and townhome interiors are non-smoking, creating a healthy and clean community for our current and future residents. We hope this helps you breathe a little easier about your choice to live at The Boat House.
We love helping our residents save on utilities bills and save energy. Here are a few ideas you can implement into your daily living:
- Replace incandescent lighting with compact fluorescent bulbs. Compact fluorescents use 20 percent of the electricity and last 10 times longer.
- With compact fluorescent bulbs, it is best to only turn off lights if you will not be using them for more than 10 or 15 minutes.
- Constantly turning on and off compact fluorescent lights will significantly reduce bulb life.
- Reducing the wattage of incandescent bulbs in frequently used areas
- Save considerable energy by turning your AC off (or setting the thermostat higher) when you are not at home.
- During the summer months, set your thermostat at the highest comfortable setting. Austin Ranch recommends a setting of 78-80. You can save 7 to 10% on your cooling costs for each degree above 78.
- During the winter months, set your thermostat at the lowest comfortable setting. Austin Ranch recommends a setting of 68-70. You can save 7 to 10% on your heating costs for each degree below 70.
- Use ceiling or portable fans to supplement your air-conditioning in occupied rooms.
- Replace filters quarterly and do not block registers and return vents with furniture or drapes.
- Use flat bottom pans that match the size of your stove burners. Clean the oven when its still warm from cooking.
- Use a microwave oven when it will work just as well as another method.
- Run appliances like the dishwasher and washer/dryer only when full.
- Turn off appliances and lights when you arent using them.
- Turn off/unplug all small electrical equipment, such as radios, VCRs or TVs when not in use.
- Turn off the lights when leaving an empty room.
- Close your blinds during the day.
- Turn down your hot water heater.
- If you have a fireplace, close the damper when not in use.