The purpose of this information is to outline basic Resident conduct at The Boat House. The Texas Apartment Association (TAA) Lease outlines additional details on Community Conduct.
- Television sets, stereos, radios, etc. are to be played at a volume which will not disturb others and that cannot be heard from outside your apartment home and/or patios. Please respect your neighbors and keep the noise level down between the hours of 10pm-8am. If courtesy patrol is called out to your apartment home, you will be subject to a $75 disturbance fee. Please note when on your patio, sounds can echo and can be heard by surrounding homes.
- Entrances, hallways, walkways, parking garages, lawns and other public areas must be kept clear. No personal belongings may be placed in these areas. Gasoline, cleaning solvents and other combustibles cannot be stored on the property at any time. Loitering, standing or smoking in the garages, breezeways or stairwells will not be allowed at any time.
- Window Coverings. All window coverings and curtains must be on the inside of the blinds. No foil, cardboard, or any other material not designated as window treatments may be placed on the windows. Only the white blinds should be visible from the outside.
- City of Carrollton prohibits the use or storage of any charcoal or gas grills, hibachi or smoker on patios, balconies, or inside apartment homes. If you are cited for violating this code or failing to comply, you will be subject to a fine by Management and/or City Fire Department. We have community grills for your use in the interior courtyards and at the swimming pool area. Electric grills are not allowed at any time.
- Residents and their guests may park in any unmarked/open space on the property. Residents may not park in any reserved parking space they are not currently renting. Resident understands the community grounds are not monitored and Owner is not responsible for any lost, stolen or vandalized property including but not limited to vehicles, motorcycles and personal belongings. Residents are asked to be respectful of their neighbors when selecting parking for a second vehicle, especially those that are not driven on a regular basis.
- Inoperable or abandoned vehicles are not permitted anywhere on the property. Vehicles must display a current inspection and registration sticker at all times. Trailers of any kind and/or any recreational vehicle are not allowed to be stored or parked on the property. Residents may not wash or repair their vehicles on property. Any vehicle not in compliance with these, as well as TAA parking policies, are subject to tow at any time at the expense of the vehicle owner.
- There is no charge assessed if a lockout occurs during normal business hours. Any individual wishing to gain access to an apartment must be listed on the lease agreement and present photo identification. Any after-hours lockouts will be performed at a cost of $75 per occurrence payable to the management office within 48 hours.
- The fitness and clubroom facilities are provided for use and enjoyment of the Resident and 2 guests only. Owner assumes no liability for the safety and security of Residents or their guests. There should be no expectation of privacy through use of community supplied Wi-Fi, and any usage constitutes Resident’s explicit consent to Owner’s possible monitoring and examination of all use of Owner’s computers. The retrieval, recording, transmission or display of any kind of sexually explicit graphics, audio or documents in the business center is strictly prohibited. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Pool, outdoor lounge area, courtyards and grills are for exclusive use of our Residents. Residents can accompany up to two guests. Residents must have Resident Pass with them at all times. There is a $150 replacement fee if lost or stolen. If your band becomes damaged due to wear, simply switch it out for a complimentary replacement! Wrist bands must be returned for complimentary replacement. We are unable to rent or lease the pool or courtyards for any parties of any kind.
Resident also understands that the following will not be allowed at any time in any of the common areas, including the pools and courtyards:
- Glass containers in the gated pool area
- Pets in the gated pool area
- More than 2 guests per resident wrist band
- Loud music
- Profanity or obscene behavior
- Disruptive behavior
- Residents or guests under 16 without appropriate supervision
- Anyone in the pool area after 10:00 pm
- Handguns pursuant to Texas penal Code Section 30.07 (refer to #16 below)
Team Members, Courtesy Officers, and City Officers are authorized to ask a resident to vacate the area if violating any of the above policies. Hostility towards any of those authorized to regulate the areas will not be tolerated, and could lead to fines, lease violations, and eviction from the community. Please remember we have these policies in place so that all residents are able to enjoy a fun and safe environment.
- The clubroom will be open to residents and two guests. The area can be reserved for private parties. Please contact the management office for hours, pricing, and limitations on conduct. The clubroom, like other common area facilities, is not monitored and is to be used at your own risk.
- Anyone under 16 years of age must be with an adult on the property grounds, clubhouses, fitness facility, swimming pool, courtyards, business center and laundry room at all times.
- Team sports such as football, soccer, kickball, dodge ball, etc., are not allowed in any of the parking lots, parking garages and/or courtyards. Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, skates, etc., may not be ridden in any parking garage, on sidewalks, or in breezeways.
- As a Resident in this Community, you may be exposed to wildlife and pests. Please note that Owner is not responsible for any injury, damage or loss to person or property due to exposure.
- All Residents allow The Boat House/Billingsley Company to use any photos taken of Residents and guests while on property and/or while attending community events for the purpose of marketing and advertising.
- If any personal information changes during your lease term, you are required to notify the leasing office of these changes so that we may have your updated information. This includes emergency contacts, workplace, phone numbers, name changes, etc.
- Unlicensed persons may not carry a handgun anywhere in the apartment community, other than to transport their handguns between their apartments and their vehicles as long as the handguns are not in plain view. Whether or not you hold a license under the Texas handgun licensing law, by signing this community policies guideline, you understand and agree as follows:
•Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person license under Subchapter H, Chapter 411 Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property, with a handgun that is carried openly.
•This includes the leasing center and any common rooms/amenities of this property. The only exception we allow license holders is to transport their handguns between their vehicles and their apartments.
•A violation of this community policy will be considered criminal trespass under Texas Law.
We have lived here almost a year now and the boathouse apartments have been exceptional in every aspect. The complex is always so well maintained and having nature all around with the lake and waterfall has been great. Anytime we've ever had an issue they are on it immediately.- Brianna Carreras - Google
This is my 3rd year living at the Boat House. I love it here. The staff here are so friendly. Romy consistently goes above and beyond.- Dana Calek - Google
I recently just moved to Texas and looked at quite a few places to live. I ended up signing a lease at The Boathouse. Sarah my leasing agent was very friendly and had good communication during the process.- Chris Smith - Google